Recently, I had a dream. This was supernatural.
In this room, there was this person whom I can only make out as a figure. He was talking to me, and exposing the ways and trappings of the devil.
This person showed me a friend whom I recognised as a fellow brother-in-Christ. The friend was seated in that room, but it seemed that he wasn’t aware of our presence. From my observation, the friend looked very comfortable and relaxed.
I stepped closer to the friend, and that is when I saw these ‘forces’ moving all around him. The friend didn’t seem to see or feel them.
I was told by the figure that these ‘forces’ were the spirits from the devil and they actually attacking him. Everyday, they were creeping into him bit by bit; influencing him with the devil’s schemes that are aim to “steal, kill and destroy” His purpose, destiny and inheritance for him. And just like the proverbial frog in the boiling water, the friend was not aware nor was he startled by the subtle attacks.
That figure also told me that like that friend, all of us are constantly attacked. We may not really realise or fully understand that we are under spiritual warefare because we have being acclimatised – overly comfortable or complacent living in this world.
At that point, I understood what he was revealing to me and started to pray against the devil and his schemes in my own life and wife’s!
As I prayed, the ‘forces’ were exposed and were now pressing against me from all sides. I felt the pressure from being pressed. And they were resisting what was being released and preventing His kingdom from advancing!
The more resistance I felt, the stronger I prayed with His authority and the power of the Holy Spirit. I kept declaring and rebuking the devil with God’s truth and promises! And that’s when I woke up.
My wife also woke up. She was awakened by my loud prayers. Shortly after processing what was revealed to me, I prayed for my wife and rebuke every spirit from the devil that could be affecting us.
“For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.”
Lessons I learnt from this dream:
- We undermine the devil and his works. Either we are complacent or we view things too natural to avoid overspiritualising things. And this results in us using our own humanly wisdom and efforts to address situations or people in our lives
- We need a greater awareness not just of God’s presence, but of the devil too. We need to be aware of his schemes, tricks and weapons that are possibly holding us back from experiencing the full life in Christ
- When we are not aware or lack the discernment of the devil’s schemes and trappings, he becomes effective to steal, kill and destroy. Therefore we need to be aware, and also to be alert.
- Its only when His kingdom advances through us that the devil comes hard on us in order to guard his territory. But we can and will advance with His authority and power!
- Start praying and be vigilant against the devil and the spirits he deploys such as the religious spirit, sickness, pride, strive, fear, poverty, shame, condemnation, guilt etc…