This may be wishful thinking, but I thought to myself, “What the heck! Anything is possible rite???” LOL…
Here’s a compilation of nine wishes for a better and more fun Singapore to live in for 2009:
- Change the repeated and boring format of our annual National Day Parade (NDP). Cut the “show-off” parade and bring back SWING Singapore!
- Housing Development Board (HDB) to make housing more affordable for Singaporeans with a non-for-profit approach.
- Abolish the People’s Association (PA) as a needless organisation since there are already so many communities and clubs available for Singaporeans and they can do a better job in helping residences.
- Emergence of a visionary, credible, competence and rich political leader and party to take on our ruling party on leveled ground.
- The liberation of alternative voices with another mainstream paper to give another perspective from the ruling party’s- The Online Citizen goes mainstream. Yes I’m biased. Ha ha…
- Singapore and Malaysia re-merged as a sovereign nation giving our elderly more choices to decide where they would like to retire. And also encourages a diverse and synergistic economy.
- More flexibility and control over our CPF savings. Being able to decide when we want to use it and how we want to use it. E.g. Capital for starting a business.
- A new current affairs talk show that highlights some of the societal gaps in Singapore as we work towards nation building. This is a great form of feedback for our government. But I reckon they’re not so ready for open criticisms and discussions of their shortfalls in full display on national tv..
- The retirement of our Minister Mentor. Though he has my utmost respect, I think he should let the Prime Minister be the Prime Minister for his generation.
Which of these do you think will happen first??