Besides being rooted in and intertwined with actual human history, the Bible makes some very exclusive claims as being “the Word of God.”
No other book has been able to specifically fulfilled prophecies as the Bible has. We have today manuscripts dating well before the time of Jesus, containing Biblical prophecies which directly points to Him. Some of the strongest are found in Psalm 22 and Isaiah 53.
The re-creation of the state of Israel in 1948 is another fulfillment of both Old and New Testament prophecy. Present world conditions were prophesied by Jesus almost 2000 years ago in Matthew 24. No other religious or occultic book comes even close to the Bible when it comes to predicting the future.
God-inspired and authored
The incredible unity and consistency of doctrine right across the 66 books of the Bible, despite widely different authors in different periods of time, points to the common source of inspiration- God.
Consider the following facts:
- It was written over a 1500-year span
- It was written by over 40 different authors who lived in different time periods and were from every walk of life. For instance, David and Solomon were kings, Peter and John were fisherman, Moses and Amos were shepherds, Luke was a physician, Paul was an ex-pharisee and a theologian, Matthew was a tax-collector, Daniel was a statesman, Joshua was a general, etc…
- It was written from different places
- It was written in three different languages (Hebrew, Aramaic, and Koine Greek)
- It speaks of literally hundreds of controversial topics
Most importantly, the Bible does works! Many around the world today (including myself) can testify that the Word of God has changed their lives when believed and applied.